National Receptionists’ Day is celebrated annually on the second Wednesday of May. It is celebrated by organizations around the world, including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., Australia and New Zealand. National Receptionists’ Day was first celebrated in 1991 as a special day to recognize and appreciate the many contributions receptionists make to an organization.
The purpose of National Receptionists’ Day (Wednesday, May 9, 2018) is to:
- Foster recognition of the importance of the receptionists role. They are usually the first person a customer or client meets when they visit a company.
- Promote pride and professionalism amongst receptionists for the important role they play within an organisation.
- Give receptionists an opportunity to share stories and link up with other colleagues.
The importance of the role played by receptionists is often overlooked. Instead, follow the advice from Nelson Scott, SEA Consulting:
“Take time on National Receptionists Day to let these “Managers of First Impressions” know how much you depend on them. Your organization's receptionist is often the first person that clients meet when visiting your office or calling it on the telephone.”
Display This Poster In Your Practice
Display a poster in your clinic to let your patients know how much you appreciate your receptionists.
Here's a poster that you can download and use right away!
Share in Social Media
Here's another great – and easy! – way to create engaging content for your social media accounts and team building, too.
Create one – or more – social media posts recognizing the value that your receptionists bring to your team and patient care celebrating the receptionists that you have in your clinic.
What To Do Next
- Invite your staff to participate. Send an email, memo, or poster asking them to share what your Receptionist means to them.
- Create a social media post message. Here is a sample:
National Receptionists’ Day is May 9th! At ABC Clinic, we recognize and appreciate all of the amazing contributions our Receptionist makes. Thank you (NAME)!
National Receptionists’ Day is May 9th! What are you doing to celebrate your “Manager of First Impressions”? #NationalReceptionistsDay
- Add an image.
- Pin your post to the top of your Facebook timeline.
- Create additional posts to highlight each staff members' thoughts on your Receptionist. Share photos of your Receptionist being celebrated.
Would you like more tips like this?
Members of Practice Management Success Membership enjoy access to Tips, tools, templates and training to help you start, grow, fix, or maintain your healthcare practice!
Membership is open to all healthcare practices of any size – physicians, optometrists, audiologists, dentists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, nurse practitioners, and more!
Member access to online resources when you need it along with networking and support from other clinic managers, practice managers, and healthcare providers in independent community practices – just like you!