Learn From Someone Else's Privacy Breach!
Using privacy breach examples from other healthcare practices makes realistic privacy breach training content to prevent them from happening in your clinic!
The cost of a data breach continues to rise, and healthcare is the costliest industry, according to IBM’s Cost of Data Breach Report 2021.
This report indicates that the average cost of a data breach including personally identifying information (PII) is
- $180 per record containing PII
- Assuming that a family practice physician has a panel size of 2,000 patients, the cost of a privacy breach could be $180 x 2,000 = $360,000
- If you work in a group practice with 4 physicians and all of your patient records were included in the privacy breach, this could cost your practice up to $1.4 M
Privacy breach notification requirements are changing, and so are the fines if your practice is in violation of privacy legislation in Canada like the Alberta Health Information Act (HIA) and the Ontario Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
In this free 60-minute workshop, Jean will share recent privacy breach examples in healthcare and discuss how to prevent them from happening in your clinic.
Who Should Attend the Privacy Breach Training?
Everyone in your medical, dental, chiropractic, podiatry, practice should attend this workshop. This is a great orientation for new employees and a timely refresher for everyone else.
I believe that practical privacy breach training is a reasonable safeguard to protect patient information and the reputation of the healthcare providers and the clinic.
Make this a lunch and learn event!
Confidently Respond to a Privacy Breach…You'll Sleep Better at Night!
Privacy incidents happen!
60% of small and medium business owners go out of business within 6 months after a privacy and security breach.
Patients, clients, employees and business partners trust you to keep their private and sensitive information confidential and secure.
Not recognizing and not notifying a privacy breach quickly and properly could result in fines and even jail time for the business, healthcare provider, employee, or vendor!
The Biggest Mistake In Managing A Privacy Breach
The biggest mistake in managing a privacy breach is not recognizing the privacy breach.
Your Practical Privacy Coach has prepared this FREE 60-minute workshop with recent privacy breach examples to help you spot a privacy breach in your healthcare practice!
Use these privacy breach examples to
- improve your privacy management program and prevent similar incidents
- prepare your privacy incident response plan so that you can quickly spot and stop a similar privacy breach in your practice
- reduce privacy breach costs, harm to patients, loss of reputation
- train your team and privacy officer
Join us on Thursday, August 19th, 2021
12 Noon MT
Learn From Someone Else’s Privacy Breach Workshop
Register for Your FREE LIVE Workshop
In the world of privacy breaches ‘If' has become ‘When'. Will you be ready?
If you want to confidently and properly manage a privacy breach, start by attending this workshop. If you need to create or update your privacy breach incident response plan, check out the 4 Step Response Plan on-demand training, too.
This Workshop Includes:
- Live webinar
- Q&A with Jean L. Eaton, Your Practical Privacy Coach when you join the webinar live
- Access to the replay for a limited time
- PDF cheat sheets
- BONUS – Privacy Breach Awareness Training for YOUR employee's orientation. Includes Video – “Can You Spot the Privacy Breach?”, Learning Guide, Post Test, and Certificates of Completion
This webinar may be eligible for Continuing Professional Development credits with your professional association.
Jean L. Eaton, BA Admin (Healthcare), CHIM, CC is constructively obsessive about privacy, confidentiality, and security when it comes to the handling of personal information, particularly in primary health care settings.
Jean provides solutions that are practical and effective for today’s healthcare providers so they can implement privacy by design and best practices to protect privacy, confidentiality, security of personal information.
So go ahead, register right now before it is too late!