Do You Need to Build a Privacy Awareness Training Plan in your Healthcare Practice?
A practical privacy awareness training plan will save time for clinic managers, and it will manage risks with employee compliance and buy-in.
Build a privacy awareness training plan! Privacy awareness training is more than a checklist when new employees are hired.
As an employer and health care provider, you are responsible to provide training to all your employees about privacy awareness.
Your privacy officer should have direct involvement in the planning and monitoring of the privacy awareness training. The privacy officer may also:
- Facilitate training opportunities
- Develop / contribute to policies and procedures
- Monitor for compliance
- Provide instructions
- Implement specific projects
If you don’t provide the training – and if your employees don’t understand the policies – and there is a privacy breach, then the healthcare provider is more likely to be held accountable under the legislation and face penalties including fines and even prison!
Protect your organization and your patients. Equip your staff with the information they need to confidently and correctly handle personal health information. Healthcare businesses who want employee and supervisor level privacy awareness training to support key policies, procedures and risk management programs need a privacy awareness training program.
Privacy Awareness Training Plan Workshop
Learn effective approaches to design and deliver an effective privacy awareness training plan for your healthcare practice.
- Real-life scenarios and privacy breach offences demonstrate what can go wrong – and what you should do instead
- How to manage employees who may not ‘get it'
In this 60-minute webinar, you will outline a privacy awareness plan for your practice.
- Privacy Awareness Program Components
- Supporting Privacy Awareness Training Policies and Procedures
- Privacy Awareness Training Strategy
- Privacy Awareness Training Models
- How Do You Create Privacy Awareness Training Content?
- Privacy Education Objectives
- Audiences For Privacy Awareness Training Evaluation Methods
- Monitoring / Compliance
Join us on Thursday, May 6
12:00pm Noon Mountain
Build a Privacy Awareness Training Plan for Your Healthcare Practice
Register for Your FREE LIVE* Workshop
*Even if you can't attend live, register now to get access to the limited time replay and resources!
This Workshop Includes:
- Live on-line training
- Q&A with Jean Eaton, Your Practical Privacy Coach when you join the webinar live
- Access to the replay for a limited time
- Learning Resources Guide
Did you enjoy reading this article? You may also be interested in:
When we know better, we can do better…
Jean Eaton is constructively obsessive about privacy, confidentiality, and security especially when it comes to the handling of personal health information. If you would like to discuss how I can help your practice, just send me an email. I am here to help you.
Jean L. Eaton
Your Practical Privacy Coach