What is a marketing strategy?
A marketing strategy is the ‘delivery' part of your strategic plan. A successful marketing strategy includes a period of self-discovery to help the key health care providers and business owners be clear about their values, goals, and ‘voice’ of their business.
- Understand what you can do for your patients (your key messages).
- Align your practice to your ideal patient.
- Embrace key message and business brand image – healthcare providers and employees.
“Say what you do and do what you say so customers will come, play and stay.” Jennifer Setzer
The marketing strategy will include developing the business branding and visual identity (logo). It will include the when, what, who, and cost of deliverables.
Make it easy for patients to find your business.
While traditional marketing (direct mail, print advertising, etc) continue to be important, having a digital presence is the key place you need to be to build your reputation. Here are tips to get started.
- Create an internet domain name with a website data host in your country. Create business email accounts with your domain name. Use business email accounts for authorized users in your business. Don’t encourage use of personal email accounts for your practice.
- Create website optimized for your healthcare practice – your ‘digital business card'.
- Claim and update online directory profiles. Enter each of your healthcare practitioner names and clinic name into internet search engine (i.e. Google). You are likely to find many online directories with a profile. Review the profile, follow the link “if this is your business . . . .”
- Create your own profiles on public directories. Customize the practice introduction (or bio). You could add your story about your treatment philosophy, special skills, community involvement, or include frequently asked questions from your patients to describe your services.
- Monitor your online presence – create a Google Alert for each healthcare provider and clinic name to be notified if anyone else adds comments or posts on the internet about your practice
Ask for help
The healthcare provider is content expert of the practice. Partner with marketing experts that understands your message and respects your budget.