Do you see cyber and privacy incidents in the news – and worry that your computer system is at risk?
Are you overwhelmed with managing your computer network by yourself?
Jon Harmon knows that healthcare providers need to have strong computer security and standards.
Jon shares his tips about computer security and standards that every healthcare provider needs to know.
Jon Harmon is my guest expert on Practice Management Nuggets For Your Healthcare Practice.
Jon Harmon's #1 Tip to Healthcare Providers and Vendors
My Favorite Takeaways From The Podcast
- When using WiFi connections, always keep devices with confidential information connected to a separate private network – this helps mitigate the risk from outside threats.
- Keep you computer systems up-to-date.
- Have a regular off-site backup of your data.
- Always accept regular updates to all network devices.
- Don't let hardware run past it's recommended lifecycle.
- Regularly update yourself and your staff on computer security.
- Have siloed permissions on data on a need-to-know basis.
- Don't rely on one person – great computer security needs a team!
Featured Guest: Jon Harmon
Accounts Manager, TRINUS
Jon joined TRINUS as Accounts Manager in October, 2017.
He likes to challenge himself in new and exciting opportunities in the Technological world. Jon loves being a husband and a dad. He’s passionate about Martial Arts and is also an avid historian of all incarnations of Punk Rock, Classic Rock and Alternative Rock.
Visit the Trinus Technologies website!
Be sure to tune in to my interview with Jon Harmon,
What Healthcare Providers Need to Know About Computer Security and Standards | Episode #087