Keeping the principles of privacy and security in sight, using simple language, and ensuring accessibility at all levels of the organization can create successful strategies.
Keeping these Top 10 suggestions in mind on a daily basis will be powerful.
1) Know your business
2) What are your “Crown Jewels”
3) Set enforceable policies
4) Make it easier for your end users to do the right thing than the wrong thing
5) Build bridges, not only walls
6) Trust and verify
7) Create a positive culture of compliance
8) Getting to ‘yes'
9) Develop a Service Level Agreement with your colleagues in IT and the business
10) Reality is perception
For all the details, see Dana Simberkoff's article “Top 10 Data Privacy Tips for 2014” from the IAPP Daily Dashboard, January 07, 2014.