Join us for the free webinar,
How to Plan a Privacy Impact Assessment for Your Healthcare Practice
A PIA should be as common place to a healthcare practice as a business plan is to a business. BUT most healthcare practices don't know this and often don't know that a PIA is usually part of their professional college requirements and often even a legislated requirement! Prevent malicious errors, omissions or attacks that could result in fines and even jail time for the business, healthcare provider, employee, or vendor by completing a PIA.
You need a Privacy Impact Assessment when:
- You are opening a new clinic or establishing a new health services program.
- You are changing administrative procedures or technology equipment, services, or vendors
- You are changing how you collect and use personal information,
- You are implementing or changing an Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- You are sharing health information with another healthcare provider, organization, Primary Care Network or other health program.
- You have a Privacy Impact Assessment that was written more than 2 years ago? (It is time to review and update this!)
Doing a Privacy Impact Assessment for your practice is easy – once you figure it out. I have helped hundreds of clients complete their Privacy Impact Assessment and visited hundreds of practices across Alberta. I've figured it out . . . so you don't have to! Now I’m going to share with you what you need to know to plan your PIA.
Jean L. Eaton, the Practical Privacy Coach, will give you an overview of the Privacy Impact Assessment process, including:
- What is a PIA
- When do you need a PIA
- How to plan a PIA
You will get
- Learning Resource Guide
- Checklists to help you plan your PIA
This is for you if you are a healthcare provider, practice manager, or vendor that supports a healthcare provider in a group or solo practice with direct patient care, for example a:
- Registered nurse
- Optometrist or optician
- Dentist, dental hygienist or denturist
- Mental health practicitioner
- Laboratory, x-ray, and imaging technician
In this FREE 30-minute Practice Management Nugget Webinar Jean will answer your questions about planning a PIA for your healthcare practice. I have a Special BONUS Gift for those who show up live – Don't miss out and register today!
Planning a PIA for your healthcare practice is easy when you have tools, resources and the Practical Privacy Coach and Practice Management Mentor to help you.
Recorded Live Thursday, December 3, 2015
Watch the replay here.
Learning Guide How to Plan a PIA Information Managers