I didn't think it was going to happen . . . but it did!
Mandatory privacy breach reporting has been proclaimed in Alberta.
The provisions to the Health Information Act (HIA) were accepted in 2014 but the proclamation was made in May 2018.
This is effective on August 31, 2018 and will require healthcare providers to report privacy breaches with risk of significant harm.
This will impact all custodians including physicians, chiropractors, dentists, dental hygienists, podiatrists, midwives, opticians, registered nurses and more!
Don't miss this!
Stay up to date with tips, tools, templates and training with Privacy Nuggets!
Sign up here for occasional bits of FREE privacy wisdom tips, tools, templates, and training!
PRIVACY NUGGETS emails designed to provide to you tips, tools, templates and training that you can use right away!
Privacy Nuggets will be provided direct to your email in-box and includes:
- privacy tips, tools, templates (usually including references to external resources) designed for you to share with your staff, patients, and family.
- Privacy Breaches – What You Need to Know – you will receive an example of a recent privacy breach in the news that you can use to review and improve your practices. Learn from someone else's mistakes!
- publication previews and announcements
- workshop and webinar events
I am honoured that you choose to spend your time with me today.
Thank you for the opportunity to share my obsession about privacy, confidentiality and security with you!
I promise this list will be secure and you'll be able to unsubscribe at any time.
– Jean L. Eaton, Your Practical Privacy Coach