Privacy Awareness Training
As an employer and health care provider, you are responsible to provide training to all of your employees about privacy awareness. If you don’t provide the training, if the employees don’t understand the policies and there is a privacy breach, then the healthcare provider is more likely to be held accountable under the legislation and face penalties including fines and even prison!
Protect your organization and your patients. Equip your staff with the information they need to confidently and correctly handle personal health information. Healthcare businesses who want employee and supervisor level privacy awareness training to support key policies, procedures and risk management programs need a privacy awareness training program.
- work in healthcare or social services
- are a member of a health profession or work with healthcare professionals
- are a business vendor, contractor, or provide services with a healthcare or social services organization
You Need Privacy Awareness in Healthcare: Essentials
- Understand patient and client privacy rights.
- Respect personal health information and your obligations.
- Confidently and correctly handle personal health information.
- Use reasonable safeguards to protect personal health information (PHI).
- Recognize and respond to a privacy breach
- Support key policies, procedures and risk management programs in your healthcare practice.
Interactive Online Learning Experience provided by Corridor Interactive
Corridor Interactive’s Buy Now Training Programs give you access to the most current information available, at your convenience. Complete your course all at once, or in multiple sessions from any location – it’s up to you. All you need is an internet connection and an email address to get started…it’s that easy!
- Fits into your schedule – you can start, pause at anytime, and return to the course exactly where you left off.
- Easy to use – navigation buttons makes it easy to continue to the next topic or pick and choose the order that you want to see the content.
- Get started immediately – the entire course is ready for you!
- Work at your own pace – you have access to the course for three (3) months. Most students complete the course in under 2 hours.
- You can listen to the narration for each module.
- Practical examples, too, to make it easier for you to apply what you have learned in the course to your job.
- Links to extra resource material and websites related to your topic of study, to peruse at your convenience.
- A printable Certificate of Completion, available as soon as you successfully complete your course.
- An audit trail and record of your course activity and training history.
- Self-directed learning features including the ability to pause your course at any time and resume later, right from where you left off.
- Unlimited access to your course and resources for the duration of your subscription term.
- Technical support with a one-business day turnaround for end-user support help and questions.
- Automatic emails when you complete your course, or reminders if you have not completed.
- This course is pre-approved by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) for 2.5 Group A Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for CIPP/C, CIPM, and CIPT-certified individuals.
Developed by Corridor’s team of seasoned software specialists and instructional designers, this unique online learning application is the optimum vehicle for delivering learning content.
NEW! Ontario PHIPA Version Available Now!
Privacy Awareness Essentials in Healthcare online training series launches with Ontario PHIPA version during #PAW2017 week May 15-21, 2017. In conjunction with Privacy Awareness Week, Information Managers www.InformationManagers.ca and Corridor Interactive www.CorridorInteractive.com have announced the release of the newest addition of the “Privacy Awareness in Healthcare: Essentials” series with a focus on Ontario’s Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) legislation. The first on-line privacy awareness training in this series released in 2016 focused on Alberta’s Health Information Act. Many other provinces have health information legislation as well, and while some of the key terms differ from province to province, this privacy awareness training is applicable to any organization that collects, uses, and discloses personally identifying information.
When you purchase the course, select the Ontario or the Alberta version of Privacy Awareness Essentials in Healthcare.
Not sure if the Privacy Awareness in Healthcare: Essentials training is right for you?
$25 per subscription
Give your staff the knowledge and tools they need to apply policy in their day-to-day work AND prevent a privacy breach with privacy awareness training.
Privacy Awareness in Healthcare: Essentials
Protect your organization and your patients. Equip your staff with the information they need to confidently and correctly handle personal health information. Learn basic healthcare privacy principles and how to handle personal health information, use safeguards, and recognize and report a privacy breach.
This self-paced on-line education includes:
- Introduction to the course
- Privacy legislation introduction
- Understanding Privacy
- Privacy Principles
- Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Privacy Breaches
- Right of Access
- What is ‘Personal Health Information’?
- Handling Personal Health Information
- Post Test to confirm that you understand the key concepts
Certificate of Completion
“When we know better, we can we do better.”
As an employer and health care provider, you are responsible to provide training to all of your employees about privacy awareness. Protect your organization and your patients. Equip your staff with the information they need to confidently and correctly handle personal health information.
I am constructively obsessive about privacy and confidentiality in the healthcare sector–and I think you should be, too! I designed this course to assist healthcare providers, clinic managers, practice managers, privacy officers and independent healthcare practice owners provide practical privacy awareness training that was easy to implement, consistent content, cost-effective and meaningful to your day-to-day business.
When each member of your independent healthcare practice completes this privacy awareness course, you will have clearer expectations and confidence that your team will maintain the privacy, confidentiality and security of your patient’s health information. Give your patients the gift of privacy. Improve your healthcare practice with privacy awareness education.
Jean L. Eaton, Your Practical Privacy Coach Information Managers Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I access the course?
How long is the course?
This is my first job in a healthcare practice. Do I know enough to start the course?
I've worked in healthcare for a long time. Do I still need to take this course?
Will I get a certificate of completion that I can give my employer?
Can I get continuing education credits with my professional association?
How much is the course?
I think everyone in my healthcare practice should take this course! Can I buy in a group package?
I agree that privacy awareness training s important - but I don't work in healthcare. Do you have a corporate privacy awareness program?
Interested in Group Training?
Employers can also purchase training for groups of employees; employees can access the internet based training at a time and location convenient to them. Employers can monitor the employee’s training progress and receive a report of employee’s satisfactory completion of on-line quizzes. Track annual privacy awareness training through our online platform to demonstrate your compliance with legislation.