Sign up now to be the first to hear when this is available to purchase on Amazon!
Prevent Privacy Breach Pain –
Part of an effective privacy management program!
Document Management Tip Series
Privacy incidents happen!
60% of small and medium business owners go out of business within 6 months after a privacy and security breach. Patients, clients, employees and business partners trust you to keep their private and sensitive information confidential and secure.
Properly managing a privacy breach is critical to the continued success of your business.
Mandatory privacy breach reporting is quickly becoming a legislated requirement – and many businesses are not prepared!
Not recognizing and not notifying a privacy breach quickly and properly could result in fines and even jail time for the business, healthcare provider, employee, or vendor!
Don’t let this happen to you!
ATTENTION: All privacy officers, practice managers, healthcare providers, clinic managers of private healthcare practices who need to train staff to recognize a privacy breach and respond to a privacy incident with confidence.
This 60-page multi-media e-book is for you!
Don't miss the announcement for Prevent Privacy Breach Pain
Sign up for Privacy Nuggets Newsletter and select ‘Publications' to receive an email as soon as Prevent Privacy Breach Pain is available!
Privacy Breach management starts with pro-active privacy practices and education
Did you know that 80% of all privacy breaches are caused inside the business? Most of these breaches are an ‘oops’ or honest mistakes.
Some breaches are malicious or intentional.
Sometimes business have security breaches from outside the business that cause privacy breaches.
Don’t wait for a privacy breach to happen to you!
Privacy breach management is a key part of a comprehensive privacy management program. Start now to prevent privacy breach pain. Prevent Privacy Breach Pain will help you create a strategy for your privacy breach management program and to prepare your staff to respond to a privacy incident with confidence.
When you have a privacy breach you must recognize the breach, contain it, notify the affected individuals, and prevent it from happening again. Your Practical Privacy Coach has prepared this valuable resource to help you implement the 4 Step Response Plan.
When you have this plan you will have confidence that you have identified and managed your areas of risk and dramatically reduce the risk of a privacy breach. Your staff will recognize a privacy breach early and respond quickly. You will manage the breach with minimum of risk to your patients, clients, and your practice.
Prevent Privacy Breach Pain, Amazon Kindle edition, includes:
- E-book, Prevent Privacy Breach Pain, that you can read on your Kindle, PC, Mac, Android, or iPad devices.
- Internet access to additional resources and bonus
- Access to members only website to download additional multi-media resources including videos and templates in Microsoft documents that you can customize for your healthcare practice.
With expert practical and cost-effective advice from Your Practical Privacy Coach, you’ll learn everything you need to know to manage a privacy breach with confidence and prevent it from happening again!
- Privacy breach management best practices case study
- Sample policies and procedures
- Download links to video and webinar training
- Exclusive access to members’ resources
- MS Office templates of policies, procedures and worksheets
- Posters, and educational materials that you can use right away in your practice
Prevent Privacy Breach Pain will help you to create a strategy for your privacy breach management program and to prepare your staff to respond to a privacy incident with confidence.
You will be guided through a series of easy to follow activities about your healthcare practice. Once you've completed the worksheets and completed the templates, you will have a privacy breach management strategy so that you can prevent privacy breach pain quickly and easily. Prevent Privacy Breach Pain is designed to provide you with:
- A clearer understanding of the regulatory framework you must comply
- A privacy management organization plan including job descriptions for Privacy Officer
- Identify stakeholders, business associates, information managers associated with your practice
- A personal information inventory of your healthcare practice
- A risk assessment for protecting health information in your care
- A privacy training needs assessment
- Recognize a privacy breach
- Understand why a privacy breach is a significant problem
- Understand the cost of a privacy breach
- How to manage a privacy breach
- Steps to prevent a privacy breach from happening again
The worksheets and templates provided will guide you to generate the key components of a privacy breach management plan for your practice including
- Jurisdiction description
- Organizational privacy management structure
- Privacy Officer job description
- Determining Individually Identifiable Information
- Determining Types of Risk and Level of Harm
- Training plan
- Inventory Information Management Agreements / Business Associate Agreement
- Policies Templates
- Privacy Breach Incident Management
- Privacy Incident Investigation
- Media Communications – Patient Privacy
- Procedure Templates
- Privacy Breach Management
- Privacy Breach Reporting Form
Prevent Privacy Breach Pain, Amazon Kindle edition, includes these great bonuses that you can access from the private members’ website.
- Video – Interview with Grant Ainsley: Good news, Bad news. How to talk with the media.
- Infographic – 10 Simple [but brutally effective things you need to know] to deal with the media
- Video – “Can You Spot the Privacy Breach?” – Privacy Breach Awareness Training for employee orientation including Learning Guide, Post Test, and Certificates of Completion
- Infographic – 4 Step Response Plan
About Jean L. Eaton, Your Practical Privacy Coach
Jean is a recognized and respected leader and expert in health information management, privacy management and legislation. An engaging workshop leader, she provides solutions that are practical and effective for today’s healthcare providers. She is constructively obsessive about privacy and security when it comes to the handling of personal information, particularly in primary health care settings. Jean is passionate about supporting primary care practices to implement privacy by design and best practices to protect privacy, confidentiality, security of personal information.
Jean has helped hundreds of physicians, chiropractors, pharmacists, and other healthcare providers and privacy officers across Canada and the US develop and improve their Privacy Education programs. With over twenty years of experience, she has the knowledge and tools to help any healthcare provider or business improve their information privacy practices.
If you are a privacy officer, practice manager, healthcare provider, clinic manager of a private healthcare practice who needs to train staff to recognize a privacy breach and respond to a privacy incident with confidence, then Prevent Privacy Breach Pain is for you!
Soon to be available to purchase on Amazon!